The site you are viewing is in Draft mode.

Out Of State Residents

Most DUI offenses are charged as misdemeanors in California, which means that an attorney can appear for you in Court. Retaining a local attorney can save you airfare, car rental, and lodging expenses. It means that you do not have to lose valuable time from work, or deal with the embarrassment and humiliation of facing a judge and public courtroom.

If you retain Paul Burglin as your attorney, he will make all of the appearances for you in Court, handle all of the paperwork, and fight to keep your driving privilege. If your participation in a DMV administrative hearing becomes necessary, arrangements can be made by Mr. Burglin to telephone conference you into the hearing from wherever you are residing or working!

Although you may not have a California driver’s license or have any intention of ever driving in California again, it is important for you to know that A SUSPENSION OF YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGE IN CALIFORNIA MAY RESULT IN A SUSPENSION OF YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGE IN YOUR HOME STATE! There are only a handful of states that are not a party to the Interstate Driver License Compact Agreement---a contractual agreement between California and approximately 45 other states concerning licensing information. The bottom line is that you want to avoid, if not at least shorten, any driver's license suspension action by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), no matter where you live!

Call Paul Burglin now at (415) 729-7300.